- Posted by The Beeches Resource Centre
- On 04/06/2021
- 0 Comments
May was National Walking Month. Clients from the Centre, and residents in the Nursing Home enjoyed taking part in #WalkThisMay; and to make it more interesting we made into competition with the following Categories;
- Most Steps in the month
- Most walks in a month
- Best photo when out walking
- Best story of what we seen when out for a walk
The Clients at the Centre walked a whopping 1,334,663 steps over the month of May!!
The Residents in the Nursing Home walked a massive 77,300 steps over the month of May !!
Gordon walked the most steps within the Nursing Home with 12,300 steps, and Jamie walked the most in the Centre with 313,145 steps.
In the Nursing home Karen was out for the most walks completing an impressive 19 walks over the month of May and if it hadn’t rained probably would have been out every-day. At the Centre Leanne completed the most walks with at least one everyday, sometimes two or three.
Our favourite stories :
- Michael S found a lady bird in the garden and loved letting it crawl so gently over his finger.
- Lily was out for her walk she could hear the children laughing and playing in the Nursery and started to reminisce about her sister and herself when they were young, Jenny and Lily had a lovely chat sitting in the sunshine amongst the beautiful plants in the garden which Lily loved.
- Amanda was out walking and spotted a pheasant.
- David C likes listening to the birds when out walking, he finds this very relaxing
- Rosemary B loves looking at the cows, pigeons and robins when out walking at home.
- Sarah spotted a rabbit when out walking in Wallace park with her dad.
- Stephanie likes walking through the town looking at all the shop windows.
Best photo from each group:
Everybody enjoyed talking part and found this a good way to keep active.
Here are a few more pictures of us out on our walks: